As if you needed another reason to use Evernote, the developers today announced a new application/ feature for Android users. It’s called Evernote Food and it’s designed to help you capture everything you could imagine as it relates to food. Recipes, photos of restaurants, notes from dinner conversations, a copy of your receipt. EVERYTHING.
It might be more appropriate to term this app as a gateway to Evernote’s larger, more robust note-taking/photo capturing app but we could care less. We simply love how easy it is to snap a picture of sushi (Hi Kenji!) and toss a few notes in for good measure. Not only that, but the geo-location and sharing feature ensures that you can direct your friends directly to that hidden dive that you won’t shut up about.
The number of things you can do with Evernote Food is quite extensive and the way you use it is entirely up to you. Evernote has a few ideas for inspiration however they’re just tips. You could be a total jerk and keep everything to yourself, locked away in your private Evernote account and that’s just fine, too.
Use Evernote Food to:
- Remember the food and meals you love.
- Snap and organize photos of your food, setting and fellow diners to make a beautiful photo essay of your meals.
- Add a title, your location, tags, captions and additional notes about the experience.
- Select or search for places, powered by Foursquare
- Share meals with family and friends on Twitter and Facebook, or via old fashioned email.
- See related content from your Evernote account right inside the Evernote Food app.
- Browse through your meals or search for specific ones.
- Automatically sync to your Evernote account, where you can access your meal notes from any computer or mobile device.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Capture each course of your meals, along with photos of family and friends.
- Document each step while preparing your favorite recipes.
- Record interesting ingredients, product labels, wines, menus and recipes you come across.
- Save food-related experiences while you’re traveling and tasting new delicacies.
- Track your food intake for fitness and dieting.
Evernote Food comes out of the oven and it’s delicious originally appeared on AndroidGuys.
Shop for Android accessories, apps, and more!
Evernote Food comes out of the oven and it’s delicious